Ingredients for 3-4 servings for
this venison roast recipe:
750 g deboned haunch of venison
250 ml red wine
200 ml cherry juice
100 g canned sweet cherries
2 tbsp. creme fraiche
3 tbsp. oil
400 ml venison stock
for seasoning we use ground:
cests of orange and lemon
How to prepare this venison roast recipe?
1. Preheat the oven on 200°C.
2. Wash the piece of venison and pat it dry carefully.
3. Salt and pepper the haunch of venison and rub it with the ground juniper berries, black pepper corns, pimento, bay leaf, clove, cests of orange and lemon, ginger and lovage.
4. Sear the flavored venison in an oven-safe pan from all sides.
5. Take out the venison and roast the very fine diced onion in the same pan until it is golden, then add the wine and the cherry juice. Let the liquid reduce to a third of its initial amount.
6. Now add the venison stock and put the meat back in this gravy.
7. Place the covered pan for 90 minutes in the oven:
After 45 minutes turn a round the venison and put the pan back in the oven for another 45 minutes.
8. After 90 minutes the venison is done.
9. Take out the venison of the pan and adjoin the creme fraiche to the gravy.
10. Optional flavor the gravy with the different spices mentioned above.
11. Now you can garnish this dish with e.g Knoedel, red cabbage and lingonberry jam.
Have a nice meal!
Venison Roast Recipe with cherry sauce can be served with
Tags: Bay Leaves, Black Peppercorns, Canned Cherries, Cherry Juice, Clove, Creme fraiche, Ginger, Haunch of Venison, Juniper Berries, Lemon Zests, Lovage, Orange Zests, Pimento, Red Wine, Venison Stock