Ingredients for 3-4 servings of
St. Martin’s Day Potato Casserole:
1,25kg waxy potatoes
2 tbsp. oil
2 midsize onions
125g fine diced gammon
2 egg yolks
1 teasp. baking powder
60g starch flour
How to prepare St. Martin’s Day potato casserole?
1. Peel the raw potatoes and the onions.
2. Grate them by hand or in your food processor.
3. Fold in the egg yolks, gammon and flavour the dough with salt and pepper after your fancy.
4. Grease the casserole and put in the dough.
5. Preheat the fan-oven on 180°C. Place the casserole on the middle position of the oven for about 45-55 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes turn down the temperature to 160°C.
St.Martin’s Day potato casserole can be served with
White wine (dessert wine or dry)