1 medium hokaido pumpkin
2 tbsp. dried lemongrass
1 l vegetable stock
150 ml coconut milk
Preparation of Squash soup with coconut aka
1. Split the hokaido pumpkin in half and extract the seeds.
2. Cut the cleaned hokaido pumpkin in smaller pieces. (Not neccessary to peel the pumpkin)
3. Boil the hokaido pumpkin in a pot with the vegetable stock for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and then purree everything with a hand-held blender until the soup has the preferred consistence. (Important step for this squash soup recipe)
5. Flavor the squash soup or pumpkin soup with salt and/or pepper (optional).
6. Enjoy a steaming hot bowl of Squash soup with coconut aka german pumpkin soup!
Squash soup with coconut aka Pumpkin soup can be served with: