Ingredients for 2 servings roast duck:
2 duck breasts (about 300 g)
200 ml red wine
1 piece of star anice
salt and pepper optional
200 g shallots
200 g snow peas
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. sugar
6 small and young pears (canned)
Preparation ( inclusive: A how to on roasting duck.):
1. Cut squares in the skin of the duck breasts of about 1 cm². Roast the duck breasts on medium temperature in an oiled pan for 6 minutes on the skin then for one minute on the other side.
2. Now envelop the roasted duck breasts in aluminium foil and place them for 15-20 minutes in the on 100°C preaheated oven.
3. In the meantime cut the shallots in fine dices and roast them in the same oiled pan. When they have become golden add the sugar to caramelize the shallots. Quickly adjoin the red wine. Now add the star anice and let the ingredients simmer for about 5 minutes.
4.Meanwhile boil the snow peas in a pot with water for about 5 minutes place them in a covered bowl. Adjoin the pears to the base gravy, take out the star anice and let everything simmer for about 5 minutes until the gravy has become thick enough.
5. Garnish the sliced medium roasted duck breast with gravy and maybe german dumplings on a warm plate.
6. Serve crispy roasted duck with red wine gravy for your guests or you family and enjoy!
This recipe for roasted duck can be served with: