|Makes 5 to 6 servings rhubarb cake:
500 g rhubarb
There are several rhubarb recipes in Germany. We use to prepare rhubarb when it is fresh available on markets. The fresh sour rhubarb is an interesting product for several dessert recipes.
A lot of german rhubarb recipes are for cakes, muffins, tortes other rhubarb recipes are for example spreads.
Preparation of rhubarb cake with meringue:
- Seperate the eggs.
- Mix flour, margarine, sugar, baking powder and egg yolks in a
bowl until you have a nice shortcrust.
- In the meantime, clean the rhubarb, cut them in short bits
place them in another bowl and add at least 50 g sugar.
- Prepare blancmange out of custard powder and milk.
- Roll out the dough until it is 0,5 cm thick and allocate it in a
- Top the dough layer with the rhubarb mass and place the
springform for about 20 minutes in the on 180°C preheated oven.
- Beat the eggwhites together with the powdered sugar until
they are stiff.
- Apply the meringue mass even on the prebaked cake.
- Place the rhubarb cake for another 25 minutes in the on 160°C
- Enjoy your rhubarb cake with meringue !
Rhubarb cake can be served with: