Ingredients for 3-4 servings pork loin roast with sauerkraut:
600 g boneless pork loin roast
3 tbsp. butter
pinch of salt
pinch of paprika
1 tbsp. mustard
1/2 tbsp. horseradish paste
2 tbsp. flour
8-10 midsize, waxy potatoes
150 ml milk
300 g canned sauerkraut
50 ml orange juice
1 tbsp. sugar
200 ml water
Preparation of pork loin roast with sauerkraut:
1. Melt 1 tbsp. butter in an oven-safe pan. Flavour the pork loin roast from all sides with enough salt and paprika, then fry it from all sides.
2. Now take out the pork loin roast and make a roux in the same pan. Making a roux: (Attention!: Making a roux may cause trouble.)
Add the flour to the meat juice and butter that is left in the pan. Let the flour take coulour a little bit and then add some water while you mix constantly. When the mash becomes more compact again add water again. Keep on adding water turn by turn until your gravy has the right consistence.
3. Mix mustard, horseradish paste under the base gravy and replace the pork loin roast in the pan.
4. Put the pan in the preheated oven. Bake the pork loin roast for 45 minutes at 150°C and then 30 minutes at 180°C. In between sprinkle the pork loin roast with gravy and prepare
mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.
5. For the mashed potatoes:
Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes. Place the peeled, boiled potatoes in a pot, add milk, 2 tbsp.butter and mash them until the mass becomes creamy.
6. For the sauerkraut:
Put the canned sauerkraut in a pot. Add orange juice and the sugar. Now simmer the sauerkraut for 20 minutes.
7. Serve the pork loin roast with sauerkraut.
Pork loin roast with sauerkraut can be served with:
| Back to the blog |