Pork chop recipe with mashed potatoes, turnip leafs and sauerkraut
for 4 servings:
1kg waxy potatoes
500-600g pork chop deboned, smoked, cured
300-400g Turnip leafs
Haven’t you heard about turnip, here you find more info.
Have you ever heard of Stielmuss before ? It is the name of a german recipe for mashed potatoes with the leafs and the stalks of turnip.
Now how to prepare this german Pork chop recipe?
1. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them in half and boil them for about 20 minutes until they are done.
2. Fill the Sauerkraut in a pot and broil it on medium height.
3. Wash the turnip leafs.
Seperate white stalks and green leafs of the turnip, cut them into bite-sized pieces.
4. Roast the smoked and cured pork chop (Kassler) in a butterd pan until it takes and nice brown color.
Can you buy Kassler ( smoked & cured pork) in your home Country? Have a look at picture number 4 above.
5. Blanch the turnip : at first the white stalk pieces for 2 minutes then the green leafs for minute.
6. Mash the potatoes with some milk and butter then fold in the blanched turnip.
7. Garnish the Pork chop with the mashed turnip potatoes and the sauerkraut.
This pork chop recipe with mashed potatoes, turnip leafs and sauerkraut can be served with
light german beer