Recipe Ingredients for 3-4 servings
of onion tart or german Zwiebelkuchen:
for the dough:
250 g flour
100 ml milk
pinch of sugar
1 teasp. of salt
20 g yeast
20 g sunflower oil
for the filling of the onion tart or Zwiebelkuchen:
500-600 g onions
200 ml cream
250 g curd cheese, light
1 teasp. ground caraway
3 teasp. salt
1-2 teasp. ground pepper
100 g grated gouda cheese
2-3 teasp. chopped parsley
This recipe is dedicated to Susan from thespicegarden.blogspot.com and everyone who likes german food!
This baking recipe is a variation of the typical german Zwiebelkuchen or onion tart. Once we had forgotten to buy ham Kristin just left it out.
Preparation of this traditional german onion tarte recipe:
1. Make a soft yeast dough out flour, milk, yeast, sugar, sunflower oil.
2. Cut the cleaned onions in fine slices. Fry the onions in a buttered pan until they are light golden then add salt, pepper, cream, quark, ground cumin and mix everything until you get a filling of creamy consistency.
3. Preheat the oven on 180°C, place the 1cm thick rolled out yeast dough in a buttered springform pan and bake it for 10 minutes.
4. Now take out the springform pan, pour onion filling on the partbaked dough and then top it with the gouda cheese.
5. Bake the onion tart or Zwiebelkuchen for about 15 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
6. Afterwards let the onion tart or Zwiebelkuchen rest outside the oven for about 20 minutes that the quark can coagulate.
7. Serve your german onion tart or Zwiebelkuchen together with a nice glas of german white wine!
Onion tart or Zwiebelkuchen can be served with:
| Back to the blog |