for 4 servings of Mutzen you need:
250g all purpose flour
4 tbsp. sugar
1 teasp. baking powder
8g vanilla sugar
3 midsize eggs
750ml sunflower oil
Mutzen are typical for German New Year and german carnival:
1. Fill the Quark in mixing bowl.
2. Add vanilla sugar, eggs and sugar.
3. Adjoin flour and baking powder – knead the ingredients until homogeneous.
4. Meanwhile preheat a small pot with sunflower oil on medium height – circa between 140 and 160°C.
(When they become to dark please turn down the temperature a bit)
5. Take some dough with a teaspoon out of the mixing.
Then take another teaspoon to scrape the dough from the other spoon into the hot sunflower.
Deep-fry each dough ball until golden brown.
Let the Mutzen balls rest for a moment on kitchen paper towel to loose surplus oil.
6. Powder the ready hot Mutzen with a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon – Have a nice meal!
We wish you a happy and healthy NEW YEAR 2015 !!!
Yours Alex & Kristin
German Mutzen can be served with