How do you celebrate a BBQ with your friends or your family?
Do you start with an appetizer or light salad?
We would appreciate if you would post your favourite BBQ habits as a comment.
|Fact of the Week about Germany:Ice Saints in Germany:
A popular belief in Germany that goes back to medieval times is that you can be more or less certain that after the days of the Ice Saints there will be no more frosty weather. So you can start to seed not frost-resistant plants.
May 11th : Day of Mamertus
Preparation of layered salad:
- Wash the lettuce. Cut lettuce, cooked ham, pineapple, and gouda cheese in pieces of about 2cm² (2cm³) the leek in little rings.
- Take a big salad bowl and pour in a layer of diced lettuce, ham, leek and some of the canned corn.
- Now add (a layer) some of the kidney beans, pieces of pineapple, tangerines and gouda cheese.
- Top everything with some salad creme.
- Add another layer (the rest) of lettuce, ham, pineapple, leek and gouda cheese.
- Pour (the rest of) kidney beans, pieces of pineapple, tangerines and gouda on it.
- Top the last layer with the rest of the salad cream.
- Crush the nachos in your hands and disperse them over the salad.
- Enjoy you layered salad with friends and/or family!
Layered Salad can be served with: