Click the picture to get more info about this german lamb roast or easter lamb recipe.
3 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
2 teasp. curry powder
Ingredients for the side dish orzo:
500 g orzo
1 garlic clove
200 g goat cheese
100 ml tomato pureé
Preparation of this recipe for lamb roast or easter lamb:
1. Season the leg of lamb (not necessarily deboned) with salt and pepper.
2. Sear the leg of lamb from all sides in a oiled ovenproof pan until it is browned from all sides.
3. Meanwhile preheat the oven on 220°C with heat from below and above clean garlic and onions. Then cut the onion into dices.
4. Add onions and garlic cloves to the leg of lamb and everything another 2 minutes.
5. Deglaze the roast with the milk, add cinnamon and chilli powder and let everything simmer for a moment.
6. Place the pan with the leg of lamb in the on 220°C preheated oven for about 30 minutes then for another 2 hours with 160°C.
7. Afterwards wrap the roast in aluminium foil, take out the cinnamon and puree the the rest of the ingredients and juices you kept in the pan.
How to prepare the Orzo:
1. Boil the orzo until it is al dente.
2. Fold in tomato pureé, pressed garlic clove, cut into pieces goat cheese into the still warm orzo.
8. Arrange slices of the lamb roast, orzo and gravy on warm plates.
9. Enjoy your meal !
This german lamb roast recipe can be served with:
german light beer