You can check how fresh your asparagus is by controlling the cut surfaces on the oposite side of the asparagus spears. The asparagus is fresh when juices still drip out of the cut surfaces when pressing on them. Lilac white asparagus spears are an indicator that the asparagus is harvested too late.
Now how to cook white asparagus ?
1. Wash the and then peel the white asparagaus exactly.
2. Fill a pot with enough boiling water and the ingredients mentioned above.
3. Heat up the water until it boils and drop the asparagus in the water.
4. Let the the white asparagus boil for at least 10 minutes or longer (dependent on how thick the white asparagus is) until the white asparagus has become tender.
5. Enjoy your delicious white asparagus but keep the broth if you would like to have a yummy white asparagus soup tomorrow.
Now you may know one way how to cook white asparagus but there are several recipes that may be more or less interesting for you. You have prepared the white asparagus as mentioned above and kept the boiling water and may be some bits of the white asparagus? Make a delicious white asparagus soup out of it!
White asparagus can be served with