500 g sweet cherries (canned or fresh)
150 g farina (out of soft wheat)
250 ml milk
0,5 teasp. oil of bitter almonds
1 vanilla pod
60 g butter
125 g sugar
125 g flour
3 tbsp. baking powder
Preparation of the german cherry pie recipe:
1. Mix sugar, butter, pulp of a vanilla pod, eggs and the oil of bitter almonds in a mixing bowl until the substance becomes a little bit foamy.
2. Now fold in the farina.
3. Blend the flour with the baking powder.
4. Add rotational the flour mixture and the milk to the farina mixture.
5. Fold in the cherries (without stones).
6. Fill the dough in a greased baking pan and place it for about an hour in the on 160° C preheated oven.
7. Serve the warm or cold german cherry pie aka Kirschenmichel.
Dedicated to everyone who loves cherries!
German cherry pie aka Kirschenmichel can be served with:
| Back to the blog |