for 4 servings of Egg sandwich with crispy bacon you need:
150g bacon, sliced
4 english muffins (buns for the toaster)
4 slices of chees (e.g. mild cheese)
Egg sandwich with crispy bacon:
This simple breakfast recipe is typical for the U.S. – a sentence that you find on several major food websites. So it might wonder some people but it has become also popular in Germany. The breakfast sandwich with egg, bacon and cheese as we describe it below has found it’s way into younger german households beeing inspired by the big fast food restaurants. Nevertheless is the idea to combine eggs, bacon, bread and cheese no invention, nothing absolutely new and not a magic trick but a delicious breakfast recipe.
How to prepare an egg sandwich:
1. Fry the bacon slices in a pan until they become crispy.
Advice: Do not start with high temperature. Turn the hot plate on a lower temperatur for preparing the bacon. Otherwise the meat will get to dark or even scorch.
2. For preparing the eggs get yourself e.g. ring mold and dip it in some cooking oil. Place it in the pan right beside the bacon. (Of course, you can use even two or more ring molds at once)
3. Break the eggs into the pan – let them drop in the middle of each ring mold.
Decide wether you like to have the eggs sunny-side up or scrambled – whisk eggs if necessary.
4. Put the halved english muffins in your toaster.
5. Wait until the bacon has taken nice color, is crispy and the eggs are nearly well done.
Now butter the english muffins.
Lay a slice of cheese on every second half english muffin.
Finally place an egg and two slices of bacon on each english muffin – put the halves together.
6. Have a nice meal!
Egg sandwich with crispy bacon can be served with