|Makes 5 to 6 servings of yeast or easter bread:
500 g flour
42 g yeast
200 ml milk
75 g sugar
lemon zest of one midsize lemon
100 g margarine (optional butter)
1 teasp. salt
1 egg white
1 egg yolk
1 tblsp. milk
25 g coarse sugar
25 g chopped almonds
|Click the picture to get more info about this german dessert recipe.|||Back to the latest recipes||
Preparation of easter bread or yeast bread:
- Pour flour and sugar in a big mixing bowl. Heat up the milk in a cup in the microwave until it is handwarm. Then dissolve the yeast in the
- Add the dissolved yeast to the flour and sugar and mix
everything until the dough doesn’t stick to the bowl (add extra flour
if dough is too sticky or some milk if too dry) .
- Let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Now adjoin soft margarine, zest of lemon, salt, egg white and
mix it again adding enough extra flour that the dough doesn’t
stick to the bowl.
- Top the sweet yeast dough in the mixing bowl with a linen and let it rest
for 1 hour.
- Afterwards place baking paper on a big baking sheet. Cut the yeast
dough in 3 equal pieces and form 3 yeast dough lassos out of them.
Bind the 3 yeast dough lassos to one yeast dough plait then place the easter bread or yeast bread on
the baking sheet.
- Top the easter bread or yeast bread again with the linen and let it rest for
another 20 minutes.
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tblsp. milk
and apply the mixture on the easter bread or yeast bread. Now sprinkle the easter bread or yeast bread with
coarse sugar and chopped almonds and place it in the on 200°C preheated
oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
If the easter bread or yeast bread becomes to dark cover it with aluminium foil.
- Enjoy your easter bread or yeast bread.
Easter bread or yeast bread can be served with: