Ingredients for 3 servings of german chicken fricassee:
Preparation of chicken fricassee:
1. Put the fowl in a pot together with the sliced greens fill it with water until the fowl is covered and boil it for 30 minutes.
2. Take out the fowl, let it cool down and keep the broth.
3. Seperate the fowl meat from bones, gristles and skin then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
4. Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a deep casserole and add 3 Tbsp. flour. Stir it until both ingredients are well mixed to a kind of dough.
5. Now keep stirring the whole time: Add 2 soup ladles of the broth. Let it simmer until the dough seems to melt in that broth. When the mix becomes a compact substance add another 3 soup ladles.
Keep doing these 2 steps until the gravy has the right consistence.
6. Add enough salt, the lemon juice, chicken meat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Adjoin raisins and almonds then serve it.
Chicken Fricassee can be served with:
boiled rice with some curry
| Back to the blog |