main dish stuffed beef roulades:
1 tbsp. oil
salt and pepper optional
4 slices of bacon
4 beef roulades
4 tbsp. mustard
8 small gherkins
400ml beef stock
starch flour optional
1 midsize onion
Preparation of the stuffed beef roulades:
1. Wash the roulades and then dry them with kitchen paper. Flavor the meat with salt and pepper then apply mustard.
2. Cut the gherkin into fine slices.
3. Now place one slice of bacon on the meet and 3 slices gherkin on the upper thrid of the roulade on top of the bacon.Start to roll the roulade from the gherkin side and then fix the roulade with woodden toothpick. The same procedure with all the other roulades.
4. Oil a pan and put the rolled roulades into it. Cut the carrot and the onion into four pieces (only for the flavor).
5. Roast the roulades from every side and add the beef broth.
6. Put a lid on the pan and simmer the roulades on middle temperature for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Peel the potatoes boil them until they are done. Boil the red cabbage for 20 minutes with a little bit water.
8. After 1 hour and 20 minutes remove the roulades and vegetables from the pan. Add cream and optional starch flour to the broth.
9. Replace the beef roulades into the sauce filled pan for ten minutes.
10. Garnish a stuffed beef roulade, potatoes and the red cabbage on a dish and serve it.
Stuffed beef roulades can be served with:
| Back to the blog |