750 g apples
250 g sugar
200 g almonds
200 g raisins
1 tbsp. cocoa
1 teasp. cinnamon
500 g flour
1 teasp. baking powder
1. Grate the cleaned apples in a bowl, add the sugar and place the bowl over night in a cold place.
2. Douse the almonds with boiling water and after 5 minutes peel off their skin.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa, raisins, almonds and the grated apples until it becomes a consistent dough.
4. Divide the dough on two buttered baking pans which each can gather about 1000 ml of dough.
5. Preheat the oven on 170°C and place the baking pans for 60 minutes in the oven.
6. After 40 minutes take out the baking pans and wrap them with aluminium foil. Turn down the temperature on 150°C and put the wrapped baking pans for another 30 minutes
in the oven.
7. Now turn out the bread immediately and let it cool down.
Apple bread can be served with
Tags: Vegetarian Dishes