for 4 servings of chicken skewers you need:
500g chicken breast
150g flour, all purpose
wooden sticks (10-15cm long, enough)
Breaded chicken skewers are a beautiful preparation method for chicken. Not like a whole chicken or e.g. chicken drum sticks you do not have anything to sort out like many bones. Just grab a wooden stick with the chicken breaded breast filet on it and dip in a sauce like sweet and sour sauce, ketchup or similar. Afterwards lay away the empty stick and grab another chicken skewer dip it in sauce…
Recipe for chicken skewers:
1. Take 3 soup bowls fill one with flour, one with beaten egg and another with breadcrumbs. Additionally keep a plate (e.g.) at hand where to place the breaded chicken sticks.
Adjoin salt to the beaten egg.
2. Cut the chicken filet into stripes of about 0,2 inches.
In the meantim water the wooden sticks for about 5-10 minutes.
3. Spike the chicken stripes on the wooden sticks but leave some free space on each side of every stick where you can hold it later.
4. Wallow the raw chicken sticks in flour, then in beaten egg and afterwards in breadcrumbs. Collect the breaded chicken skewers on a plate.
5. Preheat a pan with cooking oil (you may add a tiny piece of butter for a good taste at the end) on medium height. When the right temperature is reached place the raw breaded chicken skewers in the pan – one beneath the other.
Turn around the skewers from time to time that they gain a golden brown color from all sides. Then the layer out of breadcrumbs, egg and flour becomes wonderful crispy.
6. When the chicken skewers are well done lay them on a plate with some paper towel that the excess cooking oil gets absorbed.
7. For each serving decorate maybe two or three chicken skewers on a plate with some fresh salad.
Have a nice meal – Enjoy!
Chicken skewers can be served with
sweet and sour sauce